How to Wear your Sewobye Waterproof MP3
1. Put headphone earbuds securely in ears, worn to their specific wearing instructions.
2. Clip your MP3 firmly to the back of your goggles, with headphone wires underneath goggle straps.
3. Plugin your headphones into the MP3 headphone port, press play and enjoy.
- Try a different port on your computer, e.g., if you are using a desktop, try one of the USB ports in the back.
- Follow up the order steps when you connect PC or Laptop: Use USB cable part connect PC first, and then Plugin earjack part into your SEWOBYE's earjack hole.
- Make sure the USB cable has completely entered the SEWOBYE's earjack hole. The black plastic ring on the USB cord should come into direct contact with the player (this may require a small amount of force).
- After you swimming and before charging by connecting PC, please make sure the device is completely dry. Otherwise, it can’t be recognized by PC. You can use a hair-drier to dry the earjack hole to make sure is completely dry.
- Dont use an extension cord to connect PC or carrying a charge. Always charge the SEWOBYE by taking off the extension cord to charge from the USB cable alone.
- Make sure your computer is on and not in ‘sleep’ mode. On a laptop computer, often the computer won’t charge in sleep mode. With your computer fully active, plug in SEWOBYE and wait for a minute to see if the light comes on.
- Press and hold the play/pause button for 10 secs to reset.
- Restoring the device back to its original factory settings will most likely solve the issue. You will need to redownload your MP3 formatted songs onto the device. Be sure to safely eject the device once you have completed the downloading process.
- PC Users:
- Pull up the device on your computer’s file explorer. It will appear on the left-hand menu.
- Right click on the device. Click on the option that says “Format”
- Next, click “Restore device defaults”
- Click “Start”
- Click “Ok”
- You will need to wait a few moments for the restoring process to complete. Then click “Done”
- MAC Users:
- Pull up your device in the Finder. Do this by clicking on the Finder App in the dashboard. The SEWOBYE will be listed under the “Devices” tab.
- On the very top left menu of your Finder, hover over the drop-down menu “Go” and click on “Utilities”
- Scroll down in the Utilities menu and click on “Disk Utility”.
- Click on the “Erase” option.
- Re-enter the name of your device, SEWOBYE, and make sure that the volume format is set to MS-DOS (FAT). This is important because if it is a different format it will not play correctly on the MP3 player.
- Click "Erase." It may take few moments to finish, but then you can click "Done."
- Check the headphone jack for debris and gently remove any you find with a toothpick. Debris in the headphone jack (lint, etc) will prevent a connection between the SYRYN and the headphones or charger cable.
- Make sure the volume is turned up.
- Try with different headphones.
- Make sure that the files on your SEWOBYE are MP3 (also known as MPEG) or WMA. If you have other variations, such as CDA, WPI, or M4A, your files will not play
- Turn off player (press and hold the Play/Pause button for 3 seconds).
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for 10 seconds to reset the controls. LED will flash (Red and Blue at the same time, on the 1st gen SYRYN) and then turn off.
- Press and hold the Play/Pause button for 30 seconds to wake the SYRYN from deep sleep. (In deep sleep the SYRYN will not respond to pressing of buttons or to a computer connection. It will also not give off any light through its LED. It will appear to be "dead.")
- If you are using iTunes to download songs onto your SEWOBYE MP3 player, you will need to convert the files into MP3 format. In order to do this, your version of iTunes needs to have the conversion setting adjusted to MP3. Typically, Apple has the default set as an AAC file, which will not play on your SEWOBYE
- Click here to watch a video on converting your music in iTunes to MP3 files.
- You can also watch a video on converting your music in Apple Music to MP3 format here.
- Make sure that your iTunes is using the correct encoder to put the songs in MP3 format (see above).
- Go to your iTunes library, then select songs (usually an option towards the left side of the screen).
When you see a list of all of your songs in your iTunes look towards the top of the list to where it says Name, Genre, Time, Artist, etc. Where you see the word 'Name,' right-click on this, or ctrl+click for Mac users. A new menu will pop-up. Look for the word 'Kind' and click on it. Look for the type of files listed underneath the Kind column. If a file says MP3 or MPEG it will work on the SEWOBYE. If it says AAC or another file format it needs to be converted. If it says protected, this music is, unfortunately, protected by Apple, and you won't be able to use it with your SYRYN as it is only compatible with Apple devices.
- PC Converting: clicking Edit > Preferences > Import Settings, then select MP3 Encoder in the first box.
- MAC Converting: clicking iTunes > Preferences > Import Settings, then select MP3 Encoder in the first box
- You will see a second copy of the song begin to form. That is the version you can drag and drop or
copy and paste onto your SEWOBYE player.
- SW118 swimming MP3 User Manual
Caring for your Sewobye MP3
- After each swim, unplug the headphones and rinse the device and its headphone jack under some fresh water. This will help get any chlorine or salt off.
- Only charge your MP3 after the device completely dry without moisture remains on the Mp3
- Do not charge when wet. (This is the most common cause of battery-related issues.)
Using your Sewobye MP3
- You can control your music and more with 5 control buttons have been designed with raised ridges that are perfect for wet finger-tips.
- Play/Pause: Press middle button once to play then press again to pause any audio track.
- Volume Up*: Press "+" button once to increase Volume Up.
- Volume Down*: Press "-" button once to reduce volume down.
- Set Shuffle mode: Long Press "+" button to enter Shuffle music playing mode.
- Set Normal mode: Long Press "-" button back to Ordered music playing mode.
- Fast Forward/Next Track*: Short Press ">>" button to Next Track and Fast Forward.
- Fast Back/Previous Track*: Short Press "<<" button to PreviousTrack and Fast Back.
- You can put your Any MP3 file onto your Sewobye MP3 by copying and pasting audio files into the Sewobye's hard drive. You can find it in your computer's devices when it's plugged in. You may need to covert your music files to be in the correct file format.
- You can now organize songs into ordered lists by numerically naming your songs.
- LED Light Messages
- Playback Mode:
- Shuffled: LED #1 (the top left LED) quick blinking light
- Ordered: LED#2(the middle LED) slow blinking light
- Low battery: LED#3(the top right LED) slow blinking light
- USB Mode:
- Charging and Data transfer: LED#2 and #3 very quick blinking light
- Charged: LED#3 solid light
- * If there's No any files inside your MP3, LED#1,2,3 blinking, and then turns off automatically in 50 seconds.